[SWLUG] Devel rpms

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Thu Aug 30 08:29:02 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 20:17 +0100, Philip Barnes wrote:
> I am trying to convert a video file to 3gp so that I can play it in my
> mobile.
>
> I tend to use mplayer to convert videos for other formats.

the best (most reliable output) programs for that i find come from the
mpeg4ip package. http://mpeg4ip.sourceforge.net/
the website tries to claim its not for end users, thats a lie, and there
are rpms kicking around the web too.

you may need to rebuild ffmpeg to add the AMR codecs (comments of the
extra files to fetch are in the ffmpeg source) if you require them.

the programs in there can generate 3gp files and live streams.