[SWLUG] linux sys admin job going at Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend

Pete Phillips pete at smtl.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 17:22:43 UTC 2007

Evening all.

Our linux sys admin is moving to pastures new, and we need to appoint
someone else.

The job is looking after all our linux servers (about 5 I think) plus
all our linux workstations. We use a mix of Ubuntu and Suse, and are in
the process of moving to Ubuntu throughout the lab. We use vmware for
running multiple servers on the same hardware.

Projects for the coming year include development of a new website using
Plone, and installation and configuration of a near-online backup server
(1/2Tb hard disk plus Tape drive) using Amanda.

The payscale is on the NHS Band 5 payscale.

We are based in Bridgend. If anyone is interested I'm happy to show them
around the lab and meet our current guy.

Regard
Pete
--
Pete Phillips, Acting Director,     |   http://www.smtl.co.uk/