[SWLUG] Spamassasin and Evolution

neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 26 12:57:54 UTC 2007

hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk wrote:
> Ar Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 10:05:16AM +0000, ysgrifennodd Neil Jones:
> > Does anyone know how to configure Spam assassin and Evolution. I have
> > set it up as recommended by several sites on the web and I find that it
> > is diverting everything to the spam folder. Even things that are written
> > in Welsh which I thought would not fall foul of any of the checks.
>
> How did you install and configure it? What distro, how did you get
> spamassassin, and what changes to which config files did you make?

After we spoke yesterday I thought it would work out of the box. I tried installing again as I had dependency issues the first time.

It may have been that it wasn't there as the filter would probably behave as it did in that case.

I get a different result. now It just hangs when I do the downloads.

I installed it using CPAN. My Distro is SUSE 9.0 I changed nothing only included a filter to pipe the incoming mail through spam assasin.

I am using demon's webmail to send this.