[SWLUG] FW: Taking a disk image

Bradley, Peter pbradley at uwic.ac.uk
Fri Jan 26 14:31:20 UTC 2007

Sorry for top posting - B*@@!^y Outlook!

Yes, I dual boot, too.  So I need a solution that will do the entire
disk.

<excusemode>
I need to have a Windows installation for if I bring any work home.  Yes
I know about virtualisation.  No, I haven't tried it.
</excusemode>

I'll buy some sort of external storage medium (as well as the disk
imaging system) that will hold the entire contents of the disk.  Can't
see me ever being organised enough to keep everything tidy on DVDs.  One
DVD for data is OK: >1 is too large a number.

I'm prepared to spend the necessary money as this could save me huge
chunks of time and do wonders for my mental equilibrium, which is
delicately poised at the best of times, should the worst happen.

Thanks, Julian and to all the others who've replied (and I'm still open
to other suggestions: of a printable type).

:)

Peter