[SWLUG] Static IP broadband

Rhys Hardwick rhys at rhyshardwick.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 18:00:28 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I know this question has been asked a lot, but this is a slightly
different twist on it.  I live in central Cardiff, and was wondering
what the best broadband deal is for me.

1) I have a web server, and would like to run that on the broadband.
This also means that it would be great to have static ip address(es),
which I think is probably essential for me.

2) We also use it to browse the web at home, and, although I have
never measured how much broadband we use, I do stream video, download
videos and music, so usage caps would have to be generous.

3) We don't have a phone line installed yet, but we will install one
soon.  This will probably be with BT, as, to the best of my knowledge
the ISPs I am looking at require one.

I realise this probably means Zen, which do look great, but I wanted
to see if there are any other options available, considering I am in
Cardiff.

Thanks for any advice guys,

Rhys