[SWLUG] BBC's "iPlayer"

Dick Bain dick.bain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 19:45:47 UTC 2007

On 28/06/07, Chris M. Jackson <chriscf at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/28/07, Richard John <richard.john at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There were threats to stop the public funding a few weeks ago, though?
> >
> > http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article2686917.ece
> >
> > The Wikipedia article is obviously incorrect.
>
> I hadn't looked, but since it seems to support the notion of CFTC as a
> public body, I must therefore assume you are implying that C4's own
> website is also incorrect?

What you mean this bit:
The Channel 4 service was originally established under the
Broadcasting Act 1981 and was provided for by the Independent
Broadcasting Authority. The Channel Four Television Corporation was
subsequently established under the Broadcasting Act 1990 and the
Channel's functions were transferred over to the new Corporation in
1993. The Corporation's board is appointed by OFCOM in agreement with
the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport.

Taken from the bottom of this page:http://www.channel4.com/about4/overview.html

;-)
--
free/libre/open, software for the people by the people