[SWLUG] A pleasant surprise

Glenn Booth d.glenn.booth at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 22:53:04 UTC 2007

Hi,

(did anyone say "Dell"?).

I don't think I've ever said "Dell". I've said "Bloody Dell" and "Sodding
Dell" and
p'raps "Effing Dell", but never just "Dell".

It's not a surprise though - I spent some time in Cork training some tech
support
blokes, and they didn't exactly have their mind on the job most of the time,
despite
loads of them having enough Microsoft qualifications to staff the entire
Redmond
campus.

(Hypocrite mode: Actually I'm typing this on an Inspiron 1300. The first
thing I ever
typed on its keyboard was something like ' F8, down arrow a few times,
return and
then fdisk' the Dell disk image is just horrible).

Regards,

Glenn.