[SWLUG] Odd traffic. What is going on here?

Ed Holland edholland at ntlworld.com
Fri May 11 23:01:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

The solution i use for this problem is a script called fail2ban, it monitors
services for failed logins and bans ips with over x failed attempts in y
minutes. It seems to work pretty well and is easy to configure. It can
monitor more than just your ssh server if you so wish as an added bonus.
http://www.fail2ban.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Yours,

Ed Holland