[SWLUG] WiFi & Linux

Phillip Evans phillip at paevans.freeserve.co.uk
Sun May 20 23:10:46 UTC 2007

Hi All,

Firstly thanks for the replies so far, most helpful.

Maybe a wired connection rather than wifi may be easier, problem is the
spatial arrangements at my place are such that wifi is the easier option
and I may get a laptop...

I am not sure what to make of ndiswrapper, comments I have heard/read
are mainly extremes, easy & no problem or nasty, avoid like a a dose of
the clap ! With Mandriva, any attempt to use drakconf to set up a
wireless connection will install ndiswrapper if not already installed so
I would imagine it is fairly routine with this distro. I suppose you
pays your money & takes your choice.

Instinct tells me that a pci adaptor card is probably less bother than a
usb adaptor - is this fair comment ?

Best Regards,

Phillip Evans