[SWLUG] Multics and gOS boards

Matthew Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Wed Nov 14 21:23:16 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Vaguely linking into a few things that were discussed at the last
Cardiff LUG night I've got a few links to throw around.  Firstly as we
were having a nice old discussion about the odd and obscure OSes we'd
all used over the years, the multics source code has just been open
sourced [1].  You have to have the hardware to install it however, which
is a pity.

Secondly you can buy the motherboard for the cheap linux based PC that
Walmart were selling recently [2].  That would be an ideal PC for making
a PC for older relatives.  I've had an idea to make a small light PC for
my grandma for a while now, however I'm nervous about connecting her to
the web as I'm not sure she'd quite take spam and the like in the right
way.  If there is a 'right' way to take spam that is.

Cheers,

Matt

[1] -
http://web.mit.edu/multics-history/source/Multics_Internet_Server/Multics_sources.html