[SWLUG] Laptops for primary-school kids (was 'Tesco selling Linux PC's')

Richard John richard.john at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 11:30:42 UTC 2007

I'm still unsure whether or not there is a need for primary school
children to have a laptop.
Primary schools have IT suites for use in school time, and they aren't
really required at home (primary homework, if any, tends to be sheet
work).
I think these would just end up being used for MSN etc.
If you were going to fund laptops for school children, surely
secondary school children, who require internet access for research
etc., would be more worthy recipients.