[SWLUG] ITV catchup

Daniel Morris danielm at iee.org
Thu Aug 28 01:28:15 UTC 2008

Has anyone successfully used the ITV Catchup "service"? My woeful
Thomson DTI6300 has managed the astonishing feat of recording(*)
2hr 36m of the F1: European Grand Prix which I just found out is all bar
the last two laps, the podium, an ongoing investigation (as far as I
know - I'm still in blackout mode and don't want to spoil the result)
and hopefully some driver interviews and a race debrief; in the
scheduled 3hr 10m.

I found out that ITV have a Catchup feature, but their website failed
to load in Konqueror and when I found the programme with Firefox it
offerred to download M$ Silverlight which said it didn't support my OS,
(openSUSE 11.0) so no still no joy.

When I searched for Linux & Catchup Ifound a Caughtup plugin, which
fixed many of the reported failings in the ITV Catchup "service",
however that brief lifejacket of hope in a sea of despair was rapidly
deflated as the addon has been stomped on by ITV
(http://chris.orr.me.uk/caughtup/).

Any suggestions? I just want to enjoy the last two laps before I hear
the result by accident, or malice.

 Daniel

(*) considerably better than its attempts at the stack of Olympic events
that were scheduled whilst we were away, it managed 4 programmes with
37 messages saying that it had missed recordings.