[SWLUG] S4C use of wmv

Pete Phillips pete at smtl.co.uk
Fri Jan 4 17:56:03 UTC 2008

    Peter> Well, it works in the sense of opening mplayer and providing some
    Peter> pictures and some sound.  Too jerky and out of sync to be of
    Peter> any use, but they are there.  It also churns out tonnes of
    Peter> error messages (note that I have a reasonably fast DSL
    Peter> connection):

Ahh - well that's also what I get. I assumed it was because I have a
rubbish (<1Mb) broadband connection which is affected by the rain (and
we have plenty in Bridgend at present), but it could be due to the
format of that stream I suppose.

In fact, I think it *may* be the stream as my download of it has only
got about 30mins so far, and it has been running for over an hour!

Give it time - it will probably complete.

Pete