[SWLUG] S4C use of wmv

Peter Bradley P.Bradley at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jan 4 18:27:12 UTC 2008

Ysgrifennodd Philip Barnes:
> I found it very jumpy with mplayer, but it works perfectly using xine.

OK...  So I installed xine and I do:

peter at linux:~> which xine
peter at linux:~> man xine
Reformatting xine(1), please wait...
peter at linux:~> which xine
/usr/bin/xine
peter at linux:~> xine
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.6cvs.
(c) 2000-2007 The xine Team.
AFD changed from -2 to -1
peter at linux:~>

The man pages don't actually mean a lot (read 'anything') to me, and the
xine interface doesn't give me a clue as to how to open this uri using
xine.  It's a very nice interface.  Just doesn't mean anything to me.

I'm fairly old, so could you bear with me and let me know exactly how to
try to play this thing using xine?  Command line's fine if the gui isn't
that functional.  I am trying my best.  Honest :-D

Peter