[SWLUG] S4C use of wmv

Philip Barnes phil at trig222.f9.co.uk
Fri Jan 4 20:36:28 UTC 2008

To play the stream in xine, all I did was copy and paste the URL from
your email into a shell and put xine in front of it.

xine
mms://s4c.unique-media.tv/s4c_uk/bsm/hsbc_jazz_aberhonddu___catrin_finch_ai0000803d21b8.wmv

The end part is a link to an SMI (Synchronized Multimedia Integration
Language), which is displayed in the browser. It is not required if
calling the media files directly.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself very well, I must admit I take the
shell for granted, I always have a shell open when I am using linux, and
on when I'm forced to use XP at work, I open a cygwin shell.

In xine 'f' toggles full screen, and the other useful key is 'g', which
toggles the gui.

Phil