[SWLUG] WMV to DVD

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Sat Jan 5 17:20:16 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 14:02 +0000, Marcus Davage wrote:
> Does anyone know of any way I can convert a WMV file to a DVD file (VOB
> etc.) so that I can play it on a DVD player?

mencoder would probably be a good start, part of the mplayer package, as
it can read the odd formats using the win32 codecs the same as mplayer
does, but it can also write out in a number of standard formats.

as for the fine details, theres loads of tutorials and scripts on the
web about the exact output formats you need (mpeg2 something), and how
to write the dvd (growisofs istr)