[SWLUG] Lenovo and Linux

Pete Phillips pete at smtl.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 11:45:32 UTC 2008

    Peter> There are reports that Lenovo are going to offer SLED
    Peter> pre-installed on some lines:

    Peter> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS3449833487.html

    Peter> I just looked, briefly, on their UK site and didn't manage to
    Peter> find anything.  Does anyone know if they're giong to be
    Peter> available in the UK?

You can certainly get Lenovo with Suse preinstalled.  I bought a Lenovo
X61S with Ubuntu Gutsy pre-installed from:

The Linux Emporium - http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/products/laptops/

They also offer Suse 10.2 (couldn't see anything about SLED though).

They were superb to deal with - after placing the order they rangme to
tellme that the laptop I would be getting had a higher processor speed
and a few extra bits compared to the one I ordered, for the same price.

Pete