[SWLUG] Networking options

Pete Phillips pete at smtl.co.uk
Sun Jan 20 11:02:11 UTC 2008

    Neil> I need to connect another PC ( with a more modern version of
    Neil> Windows on it) to the internet. I need to run a critical piece
    Neil> of software now and again that isn't available for linux yet.

Why not install vmware and install windows and your specific software
under that ?  You can set vmware up to access the internet by bridging
over the host computer (your linux machines's) connection.

I have vmware with XP installed on my thinkpad running Gutsy, and I need
to access the NHS KSF site which only runs under IE Explorer (it won't
work with firefox or opera).

I just fire up the vmware XP, do what I need, and shut it down.

Works brilliantly for me.

Pete