[SWLUG] Networking options

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Sun Jan 20 22:54:11 UTC 2008

Neil Jones wrote:
> No I have a cable modem a silver one marked NTL Home 100

Penny drops :)

Back when you had yours I think all the installation engineers were
being told to install customer cablemodems on USB.. told to give some
guff about it 'burning out' the Ethernet port.  That's most likely what
your pink disk was - USB drivers.  You should have both USB *and*
Ethernet on your modem in which case the first case stands :)  Get a
router, plug it into the router on Ethernet, and job done.

Kind regards,

Julian