[SWLUG] Swansea meet - the aftermath

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Tue Jan 29 08:27:40 UTC 2008

On 2008-01-28, matt wrote:
> > Anyone in favour of doing this again?  Given we have Carmarthen on a
> > third Tuesday and Cardiff on a first Wednesday, it may be worth
> > thinking about another night, and that the fourth anything probably
> > isn't a good idea.
>
> Well on the night most people seemed interested.  However the silence on
> the list has been deafening.  My personal vote would be for the Second
> Tuesday. Silence means you agree.  :)

I'm interested and would certainly turn up to another meeting, just
didn't get round to saying so...

> > 2. Other events
> >
> > Also raised was the matter of non-pub events.  There seemed to be a
> > lot of interest in holding an event similar to the legendary lightning
> > talks or the awareness event we held { n: n>3 } years ago - both of
> > which are on the perennial to-do list.  Lots of people expressed an
> > interest in such events, nobody seemed committed to actually
> > organising it (so sky still blue, water still wet).  I believe there
> > may be some notes from previous lightning talks on www.swlug.org.
> >
> > Anyone willing to pick up the baton on this?
>
> I'm happy to pick up the baton on the lightning talks.  However I'm
> getting married at the end of the month, so I'm going to pick a date a
> fair way in the future and ask quite a few other people to do bits and
> bobs.  If any one wants to say the following please feel free:

I couldn't organise anything, so would be glad if you or someone else
did. I could give a talk on stuff I know about though (programming in
C++, Python 2, Python 3, GUI programming using C++/Qt, PyQt, regular
expressions), but if you have enough speakers I'd happily stay in the
audience:-)

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu