[SWLUG] Switching to a BT line. Effects?

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 09:40:49 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I currently use Virgin Media for my internet and their customer service
people have just annoyed me yet again.

It is pot luck as to what kind of person you get on the other end but
this one appeared to be working for them as a result of failing the
exams required to be a road sweeper. :-)

I got a call about my bill WHICH I HAD ALREADY PAID!!

It is actually a criminal offence that carries a prison term to
unreasonably harass people about their bills.

I am considering taking the plunge and signing up with Andrews and
Arnold who Alan Cox recommended to me. It appears they actually employ
people who understand how the internet works.

However that would mean installing a BT line for the internet.

Are there any consequences as regards speed and reliability that I
should be concerned about?

What about downtime?

Neil Jones
neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk