[SWLUG] trash bin

Andrew Price andy at andrewprice.me.uk
Thu May 15 18:50:24 UTC 2008

On 15/05/08 19:32, Justin Mitchell wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 19:12 +0100, David Butt wrote:
>> How do I get to the trash bin through the terminal
>
> if your using gnome, and thus the nautilus file manager, then i believe
> its default Wastebasket is ~/.Trash/

To make things even more fun for GNOME users, GnomeVFS has recently been
replaced by a new GVFS/GIO system (this affects newer distros e.g.
Ubuntu 8.04) which means your trash files might be found in
~/.local/share/Trash/files/ with separate metadata in
~/.local/share/Trash/info/

For the techies: http://library.gnome.org/devel/gio/stable/ch15.html