[SWLUG] Why is Evolution so slow?

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Thu May 29 20:30:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 21:16 +0100, Neil Jones wrote:
> I Use Evolution for email. It is dreadfully slow.
> A hundred emails takes around half an hour to come down on a Cable
> Broadband connection.

do you have spam checking enabled ?

if you do it will download them quickly, then spend ages feeding them
all to spamassassin before it shows any sign of them in your inbox. the
messages in the status bar at the bottom edge of the window should give
you some idea of whats going on.

i use evolution at home and at work, and get hundreds of mails a day
from several imap boxes, and with spam checking off the download is
really quick.