[SWLUG] Technical Meeting Announcement and Call for Papers/Talks

Christopher Swift chris.r.swift at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 8 22:42:41 UTC 2009

2009/4/8 Matthew Moore <matt at matthewmoore.org.uk>:
> Heh.  Well to be honest I'm not 100% I'm going to have a projector, but
> I have two leads on that front, so we'll see.

I've spoken to Darius (lead No. 1) and he no longer has his projector,
he traded it in to get a bigger TV IIRC or just no longer had a use
for it due to his larger television. However I will ask if he can get
a projector from Neath college as his mother is a lecturer there and
may just be able to borrow one if the other lead can't get it. :)

> So far we've got 1 talk 100% confirmed and 2 others which I'm just
> waiting on a final call on topics before I put them down.  Also, to show
> people how not to do it I plan on doing a short talk on summat.
>
> Just to clarify a few things and hopefully tempt a few more of you into
> talking, I'd like to stress the following:
>
> I'd mentioned filming some talks, that is not at all certain as I've got
> to borrow a DV camera.  If it does go ahead and you don't want to be
> filmed, I won't film you, it's not an issue and I won't hold anything
> against you.

If it possible for me to attend, (I really hope that I can) I've been
having some availability difficulties of late. I've started a new job
this week and was supposed to start on Monday but it has been
postponed until tomorrow morning, Thursday so I'm unsure as to whether
or not I'll be free for both Saturday (Ubuntu Cymru release party) &
Sunday. I'll be happy to do a talk (or two) if I'm there, perhaps a
summary of the new release (3 days before the meeting), Jaunty
speaking of the new features and to see if I can answer any questions
and perhaps then something more technical than a distro summary/news
:).

> Finally, does anyone have any experience of keysigning parties?  I'd
> really like to hold one at this meeting, but I've no idea how so if
> someone can step up and help out.

I've only ever had my keysigned at Ubuntu bugjam in London so I
haven't much experience in that department however I would love to
sign and get my key signed :). I like the idea of GPG.

> I'll have a rough schedule up soonish.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt

I can't wait.