[SWLUG] Introduction

Iain Menzies-Runciman ming at gwndwn.org.uk
Mon Aug 24 19:59:22 UTC 2009

Having just joined up to the mailing list, I thought it would be polite
to introduce myself...

My name is Iain Menzies-Runciman, but am better known as Ming

I have been playing with Linux systems for about 15 years when I was
given a shipping container of floppy disks to install Slackware.

Since then, I have spent 12 years as a Consultant and Systems Architect
designing large IBM AIX systems mainly for the Transport, Telecom and
Financial industries.

About a year ago, I set up my own company looking at video analytics,
though also do everything from Web design and bespoke programming to
lecturing in Embedded Linux systems.

On a non techie-front, I live just outside Pontyberem and teach Western
Martial Arts, focusing on 15th Century Italian Longsword with bits of
16th Century English broadsword theory thrown in.

Ming.