[SWLUG] SWLUG suggestions

Pete Prior swlug-discuss at nermal.org
Mon Feb 2 10:51:13 UTC 2009

I've been sort of reading through the recent wave of activity on the list
and would like to offer a couple of suggestions.

I think one of the major problems we have is that we use 3 venues 50 miles
or so apart - I don't know of other lugs that do that.

There are almost 3 mini lugs running inside this one - with the most
popular being Carmarthen (sort of the inverse of what I would expect given
the size of Cardiff compared to Carmarthen).  This means not all the
members can partake in the meetings and decisions made at one lug (meeting)
are unlikely to get the weight they need to convince everyone else or
people will complain they didn't get a say in the matter.

A couple of possible solutions:

* Call the meetings we have at the 3 venues now "socials" and keep them
Just
For Fun.

* Have a central lug meeting once a month or so in a place everyone is
willing to travel to (maybe not a pub) to discuss lug matters and things
like lightening talks, lug policies, events etc.

Pete