[SWLUG] Lightning talks / regular 'talkie' meetings

matt matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Thu Feb 19 22:16:02 UTC 2009

All,

Ok, lets get the ball rolling for the Cardiff Lightning Talks.  Who's
interested in coming?  Who wants to do a talk?  Is there anything
specific people want to see?  I hope to have a date set for early April,
unless anyone can come up with a compelling reason for it being some
other time.  Not 100% on location, I'll see what's available.  If anyone
knows of a good place which is fairly central please let me know.

Also I've been having a think about the Swansea meeting and it's
continual stop/start nature.  Would people prefer a bi-monthly Swansea
meeting located in say the Meeting House which is the SWLUG 'technical'
meeting for all to come to as it's a good mid point?  So we all bimble
down to Swansea, do some talks, maybe bring some PCs along (LAN gaming?
install fests? tutorials?  BOFs? talks (short and long)? key signing?)
have some tea and biccies and generally geek/linux out for an
afternoon/evening.  It would probably cost about £2-3 per evening
assuming we can get say 5 regs from each Carmarthen, Swansea and Cardiff
to come along.

Thoughts?  I'll probably go ahead and organise something along those
lines say at the end of March maybe.  I still plan on doing separate
talks in Cardiff/Carmarthen as I think we should do stuff there.  I'll
probably work out my diary for the next 6 months properly over the next
few weeks and I'll post up a rough list of dates then.

Cheers,

Matt