[SWLUG] Event organisation meeting/ ? fun

swlug at paulconnell.fastmail.fm swlug at paulconnell.fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 26 20:20:17 UTC 2009

I currently have an old laptop in a Cardiff Primary school with Edubuntu
installed (last week),  I'm letting the staff evaluate it to see if they
like it (issue came up in a governor's meeting of lack of computers for
the children). I Am waiting to see if they think it's something they
could see themselves using in which case we may ask parents for old
computers etc. which I'll go over and refurb. cheaply for the school -
but I'm not sure how it impacts with Cardiff IT Services which the
school currently sources its IT from (Secondary schools are apparently a
lot more independent than primaries).

This is the kind of project I think we could pursue, given current
finance squeezes in schools etc.  Thoughts?

Paul Connell