[SWLUG] Technical Meeting 12th July 2009

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 15:27:27 UTC 2009

Paul Connell wrote:
> Audio would allow the flatulence and snoring to escape the room - as
> well as the swearing when a demo goes wrong - is this the type of image
> we want to project :D

Seriously folks if we want to encourage people to give talks we don't
want to put them all on video or audio where every stumble
and mistake becomes a permanent record for anyone ( including potential
employers) to look at.

You have all, I presume,  seen the fuss thee is about the next head of
MI6's wife's facebook page!

Recording the event and making a permanent record changes the entire
nature of the event.
It stops becoming a gathering of friends and becomes a broadcast to the
whole world present and future.

I'm not particularly happy myself that this list is shown in Google
because it restricts me.

Neil