[SWLUG] What's the difference between a VGA & DVI cable?

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Wed Jul 15 08:23:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

The last time I bought a monitor was so long ago I can't remember
whether I have a VGA or a DVI port, and I don't know what the difference
is. I don't have the manual to my monitor and the manual for my PC
doesn't say. I want to buy a new monitor (24" 1910x1200 so any
recommendations appreciated:-) and I'm looking at a Samsung but there
are two different versions and the only difference appears to be the
cable.

Thanks!

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy