[SWLUG] Router/Firewall

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Jul 17 12:53:56 UTC 2009

2009/7/17 Terry John <terry.john at bbc.co.uk>:
> Is there a NAT type firewall similar to the std broadband router but using
> ethernet both ways or does anyone know where can I get a small low power box
> that I can configure myself.

I have a Viglen MPC-L for this. It only has one Ethernet port so I
added an Apple USB/Ethernet device which works very nicely.

The viglen consumes around 8W and only costs about 100 quid plus p+p &
VAT. If you listen to S01E11 of the Ubuntu UK Podcast you'll hear the
details of how you can get one for £79 includng p+p & VAT and a
keyboard and mouse thrown in.

It's a very low spec machine, but perfect for this kind of thing.

Cheers,
Al.