[SWLUG] SWLUG Meeting in Carmarthen

Daniel Morris danielm at iee.org
Tue Jul 21 22:16:51 UTC 2009

Hi Dominic,

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 08:59:55PM +0100, Dominic Greer wrote:
> Can I ask that in future the staff at the pub know about the meeting.  I
> came along for the first time tonight and asked at the bar about the
> meeting but neither of the bar staff knew anything about it.  As I didn't
> know anyone and the pub was reasonably busy with no group standing out, I
> ended up driving back to Swansea after being there 20 minutes or so.  Not
> what I hoped for.  I would like to come to the next meeting however.

Sorry to hear you had a wasted journey, there were six of us from about
1845-2200, even with topics from ssh key generation to photo-voltaics to
which-mobile-should-endure-the-Telsa-test-next and a few puffin geocoins
and penguin badges, we appear to have blended in with the crowd. We do
always go to the seated tables at the very back - tonight grabbing the
big table just before the french windows/end wall.

Unforunately the only common denominator with the staff is there aren't
ever enough of them! The faces seem to change each month.

Perhaps we need to get a laminate or fold-up SWLUG/tux logo to put on
the table for future meetings - please do come along.

 Daniel