[SWLUG] Suse Studio - education distro

Paul Connell swlug at paulconnell.fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 29 14:35:48 UTC 2009

Sort of like Edubuntu (currently have that running in a primary,
not much feedback yet though - they just think it's 'weird
windows'), but for Primary years, and built to be as bulletproof
as possible for Primary school teachers and children.  GCompris
and some other tools like Stellarium, Celestia, basic OpenOffice,
that type of thing (I've also been thinking of building some OS
education software but am not sure where to start).

The one quoted below is OpenSUSE 11.1 (I think), with a simple
base of maths and other games type software - once I have a basic
one done I can get feedback from the school as to what they think
of it and tailor from there.

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:20 +0100, "pbhj" <pbhj at alicious.com>