[SWLUG] CUPS help

P.G. Richardson p.g.richardson at phantomjinx.co.uk
Mon Jun 1 10:17:02 UTC 2009

Couple of thoughts off the bat:

- Cups tends to put the IP address of the daemon as localhost rather than
the ip of your network card.

- Do you have a firewall blocking port 631

- Any errors reported in the Windows eventlog?

PGR

> Hi guys,
>
> just a quickie, anybody able to help with some CUPS queries?  I've
> successfully added a HP Deskjet D2500 to my box via USB, but when
> configuring CUPS and pointing a XP SP2 box at it, spoolsv.exe on the XP
> box hangs.  This happens every time I try to install the CUPS-setup
> printer.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Paul C.

Laws are partly formed for the sake of good men, in order to instruct them
how they may live on friendly terms with one another, and partly for the
sake of those who refuse to be instructed, whose spirit cannot be subdued,
or softened, or hindered from plunging into evil. [The Laws, Plato]

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded
perversity
 Have you ever considered a career in the church?
Bishop of Bath and Wells (Blackadder II)

A clear conscience? When did you acquire such luxuries, Bernard? (Sir
Humphrey, Yes Prime Minister)