[SWLUG] Fedora 11 es1371 borked sound

Phillip Evans phillip at phillipevans.mail1.co.uk
Thu Jun 18 17:30:53 UTC 2009

Just to add my own experience to this thread, about 2 years ago I my
previous computer had an integral SiS graphics chipset which was not
very good. Kubuntu worked reasonably well with this (with a few
instabilities I could cope with) but when trying to install Mandriva on
that machine it did not want to know.

Both Distros had the same kernel version no & the same version of KDE
but Mandriva would only work at 640 x 480 resolution & 256 colours only
& frequent freezes. Could this have been down to drivers supplied with
each distro ?

Phillip Evans