[SWLUG] Technical Meeting 12th July 2009

Matthew Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Thu Jun 25 19:49:05 UTC 2009

Mark Summerfield wrote:

> I could do a short talk, "Introducing Unicode" (which doesn't need a
> projector, ~10-15 mins). But does everyone know the basics of Unicode
> anyway these days?

Personally, I don't really know much about it and I'm sure there are
others in the same boat.

> _Or_ I could do "Introduction to the Fundamentals of GUI Programming"
> (really need a projector, ~30 mins). I'd illustrate using PyQt but would
> focus on the principles that pretty well any GUI toolkit will embody one
> way or another so the ideas should translate well.
>
> Do either of these appeal?

As we're unlikely to have a projector, then I'd go for the unicode one.
  Thanks for volunteering.  Which leaves us with three talks all of
which I think are going to be rather short.  I don't mind running with
that, but it's only going to be about 45 minutes worth of talks at the
current rate unless more people volunteer to do something.

Anyone want to do a talk?

Anyone able to get a projector?

Thanks,

Matt