[SWLUG] how much more CPU performance can one get these days?

Pete Prior swlug-discuss at nermal.org
Mon Sep 21 15:25:43 UTC 2009

Depends on the maths involved but maybe recode it to use a GPU, not a CPU?

See http://www.dvhardware.net/article27538.html

Excerpt:

"The guys explain the eight NVIDIA GPUs deliver the same performance for
their work as more than 300 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz processors. On a normal
desktop PC their tomography tasks would take several weeks but on this
NVIDIA-based "supercomputer" it only takes a couple of hours."

Pete