[SWLUG] Hotspot availability

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 10:19:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 11:02, Neil Jones <neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>  Those of you who use them, what is the availability of wireless
> hotspots like?

Depends on the venue/location in my experience.  Some cafes, etc, will
give you free wireless, meanwhile others will offer you a
btopenzone/fon type access at a chargeable rate.

It's often easier just to tether your netbook to a 3G phone or buy a
3G dongle (USB or MIFI) and use PAYG.

Think I read a story the other day on /. about coffee shops in
California limiting free wireless because people were buying one drink
and sitting there for a long time just using the connection :)