[SWLUG] Hotspot availability

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Aug 16 12:19:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Sam Radion wrote:

> With mobile broadband running at less than £5 a month (I pay £2.50 for 1gb)
> I very rarely use hotspots unless they are both free and quick. they seem so
> few and far between that travelling miles just to find one pays for the
> convenience of having mobile broadband albeit slower.

Three PAYG mobile tariff:
 	- Each time you credit your PAYG account with at least £5 you
get 150MB of "free" 3G bandwidth that lasts up to 3 months.
 	- 2GB of 3G bandwidth that expires after a month costs £5.

I end up spending under a fiver a month using a combination of the above
(actually, I rarely exceed the free 150MB over 3 months, so I basically
just end up paying for the few calls and SMS messages I send).

--

  - Steve