[SWLUG] recommendations for a netbook...

Jon Reynolds maillist at jcrdevelopments.com
Tue Jan 5 08:51:23 UTC 2010

Did you get on in the end?

I have an Advent 4213 (I believe) and it runs Ubuntu brilliantly. At
first there were some issues with the ATI graphics but only if I tried
to run full screen apps, but this was on 9.04 (full desktop version).

Recently been using 9.10 netbook remix, which is rather funky,
fullscreen problem seems resolved, but I think I will go back to a
normal desktop version... we'll see.

My only gripe is that it didn't come with bluetooth.

Came with 160GB HDD and 1GB RAM... rather worried that they seem to be
only 99 GBP at the mo... I paid 250GBP last year.

Jon Reynolds