[SWLUG] Programming language for a dummy

matt at matthewmoore.org.uk matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Fri Jul 30 14:59:18 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I'm looking for recommendations for an easy to learn and idiot proof
programming language.  I have two main requirements for this language:

1 - I do a lot of fiddling with spreadsheets and text files with lots of
networking stuff in them, to produce stats and the like.  It would be nice
if it's easy to read in, combine and filter stuff like that.  Scripting
stuff basically.

2 - I'd like to do some web dev stuff, so again it would be nice if it's
easy and convenient to get started.

The more handholding in terms of hiding annoying things (eg stuff like CPAN
modules and the like) the better really.

I guess I could just 'pick one' but I'm just looking for some
recommendations.

Cheers,

Matt