[SWLUG] Why I won't buy from Dell again...

Lisi lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 19:26:10 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 22 June 2010 19:59:19 Dick Bain wrote:
> I bought an Acer Aspire One with Vista installed but only use Ubuntu
> on it and everything "just works"

I bought one with Linspire installed.  I took  the netbook on holiday with me
and was compelled by an almost non-existant network connection to use
Linspire for two weeks.  <shudder>

I promised the netbook Debian Lenny as soon as we got home.

It likes it as much as I do. ;-)

Only problem:  I needed a backported kernel and backported wicd to get
wireless going.  Otherwise out of the box.

Lisi