[SWLUG] Why I won't buy from Dell again...

David Scourfield david.scourfield at llynfi.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 09:46:40 UTC 2010

> Dai, I'd consider building a desktop machine (although I've written to
> dnuk for a quote), but for a netbook I just want the least possible
> hassle.

Ah, netbook, fair enough.  I've got an ASUS Eee PC 1005, which, although
shipped with WinXP, now runs Linux Mint 8 almost perfectly.  Some minor
tweaks were needed to get the special function keys all working (I found
instructions in a forum somewhere) and the only thing that I can't get
working at all is the built-in mic just above the screen.  Although
plugging a mic in to the jack on the side works, it's still a bit
annoying when using Skype.

Incidentally, if anyone knows how to get the built-in mic to work on an
Eee, I'd be very glad to hear from you!

Dai