[SWLUG] Why I won't buy from Dell again...

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Fri Jun 25 13:15:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

Just a little follow up... I sent Dell a letter saying that I wanted to
return the machine for a refund since what they supplied wasn't what I
ordered. I sent it on the 22nd and it arrived on the 23rd (I'd tracked
it). Today I had the letter back---with no note or reply of any kind!

I've made a web page (link at bottom of this email) summarizing the saga
so far, but looks like Dell think there's no such thing as consumer
protection law... something I expect to find out one way or the other in
the coming weeks.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy

                I ordered a Dell netbook with Ubuntu...
       I got no OS, no apology, no solution, & no refund (so far)
               http://www.qtrac.eu/dont-buy-dell.html