[SWLUG] Why I won't buy from Dell again... RESOLVED

Dick Bain dick.bain at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 13:08:34 UTC 2010

Well done on getting a result, on the working netbook I have an Acer
Aspire One ZA3, everything just works using UNR (Ubuntu Netbook Remix)
cheers
Dick
ps linuxemporium.co.uk supply ready installed systems ;-)

On 30 June 2010 12:15, Mark Summerfield <mark at qtrac.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to let you know that Dell have agreed to collect the machine and
> refund my money.
>
> It appears that they made a mistake processing the order and omitted the
> OS and have now apologized. No explanation for the appalling customer
> service has been given.
>
> I am very relieved that an end is in sight.
>
> I am very grateful to members of this list for useful advice and for
> moral support: Thank You!
>
> The whole story is here: http://www.qtrac.eu/dont-buy-dell.html
>
> ------------------------------
> Now of course I want to buy a new netbook (& desktop) so if anyone has
> machines they can recommend that work with Ubuntu "out of the box"
> please let me know the _exact_ model name/number (as Lisi has done). And
> no Dell machines please;-}
>
> For the desktop I've been looking at the HP Elite 7100... but have so
> far received no reply to my email to HP asking about Linux
> compatibility.
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
>    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy
>        "Programming in Python 3" - ISBN 0321680561
>            http://www.qtrac.eu/py3book.html

free/libre/open, software for the people by the people
www.swlug.org  is a good place to go ;-)