[SWLUG] Recommendations for a router?

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Wed May 19 19:03:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 19:40, Edward Evans <eje at edevans.uklinux.net> wrote:

> Bit late with this but it might be useful to know that my otherwise excellent Netgear DG834G has blown up two power supplies, probably because of switching it on and off too often.

that's not uncommon IME. i've seen belkin (or bunkin as we like to
call them) do that - they're notorious for the power supplies simply
melting, which inspires confidence in their testing procedures.

as someone said earlier - it's personal choice.  i wouldn't
immediately go for netgear, but would read reviews of current routers
on the market, etc. that said, i do that with everything.

--
web: http://www.geralddavies.com