[SWLUG] Web Browser - Firefox Extension Onscreen Keyboard

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Nov 1 12:30:00 UTC 2010

On Mon Nov  1 12:03:48 2010, Michael Johnson wrote:
> Paid into what kind of organisation, exactly? The site's got some
> dodgy English on it, so it probably wasn't a good idea.
>
> As far as I can tell, his argument is essentially that he finds the
>  letter 'K' offensive, as it somehow symbolises suicide, so the
> alphabet must be changed to accommodate his religious views.

Yes, it's good, isn't it?

They've posted to IETF lists, including lobbying the IDNA group to
proscribe 'K' from all domain names (yes, including the "uk" ccTLD).

I suspect if there's any uptake, it'll be spammers using the new
replacement symbol to bypass word filtering.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/