[SWLUG] System build script

Matt Wallace lists at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Mon Nov 1 15:50:36 UTC 2010

On Monday 01 Nov 2010 17:15:55 Terry John wrote:
> I am trying to develop a formalised RedHat build and have a few ideas of
> my own to put into a KickStart script but I wonder if anyone knows how I
> can see what the normal build script looks like.
>
> I'm guessing I'll find lots of, "if this hardware..then.." etc.
>
> I'd like to see what it looks like to make sure I don't leave out
> anything relevant in my own script.

Have you looked at cobbler [1]? It provides a fairly decent KS file that you
can then use to customise the servers.

I'm currently writing a project named "edison" [2] which will eventually have
support for this kind of thing, however it's not quite there yet!

Kind regards,

Matt

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/
[2] http://bit.ly/9xcLDi