[SWLUG] Hardware supplier recommendations

Paul Connell swlug at paulconnell.fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 30 13:26:08 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm thinking about building myself a ClearOS box, and was wondering if
any of you had recommendations for the hardware - I've looked at
Overclock.co.uk, Dabs, Novatech and Misco, but as I've never officially
built a PC before; has anybody got any other ideas?

It's going to be Mini ITX form factor, simple/small/cheap/low powered -
just enough to be a packet-meddling device and not much else.

Any ideas (on the OS as well -I'm open to sugestions, but ClearOS looks
good - building it from scratch with iptables?  Not gonna happen - at
least initially.)

Thanks,

Paul.