[SWLUG] Mobile broadband - can I make one machine feed the others?

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Tue Aug 16 16:19:39 UTC 2011

Ar Dydd Mawrth 16 mis Awst 2011, ysgrifennodd Chris Jackson:

> I think the observation was that most people's initial understanding
> of PAYG is that any credit you buy will still be there when you come
> to use it (subject to Rule 7), and it won't arbitrarily expire some
> time after purchase.  It's certainly the case with talk time on my
> Orange phone - any expiry is tied to the time I last used the phone,
> not the time I bought the credit.

Didn't used to be the case.  It used to be that PAYG talk time expired
a certain period after you bought it.  Around 1999 Orange started doing a
new type of "non-expiring" PAYG and it proved so popular that the other
MNOs had to do the same or lose all their PAYG business.

We can hope the same thing will eventually happen for data... but I'm not
holding my breath.

--

  - Steve